Dwelling & Fire Insurance

Dwelling insurance covers the structure of your home , as well as specific perils that can damage your property. Structures that aren’t directly attached to your home, such as a separate guest house, are not typically covered by dwelling insurance, but may still be covered by other parts of your homeowners insurance policy.

Standard dwelling insurance will cover many of the same perils covered under your homeowners insurance policy such as:

  • Lightning
  • Fire
  • Wind
  • Hail
  • Sleet
  • Smoke
  • Explosions
  • Falling objects
  • Vandalism
  • Theft


Product, coverage, discounts, insurance terms, definitions, and other descriptions are intended for informational purposes only and do not in any way replace or modify the definitions and information contained in your individual insurance contracts, policies, and/or declaration pages. Such products, coverages, terms, and discounts may vary by state and exclusions may apply.